This New Life Lesson 1
Take out a blank piece of paper. Write your standard heading in top right corner. Write the title of the lesson across the top line.
Write down each question (red) listed in one color and the answers in another color. Skip lines between questions.
1. How does one become "born again"? p 1 Romans 10:8-10
"confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus was raised from the dead"
2. How are you saved? p 2 Ephesians 2 :8-9
"for by grace you have been saved through faith"
3. What does salvation give me? p 4 II Corinthians 5:17
"if anyone is in Christ they are a new creation, old is passed away, all have become new"
4. What does the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus mean to me? p9 Romans 8:2
it "has made me free from the law of sin and death". The law includes love, joy peace, happiness, prosperity, abundance, health, contentment, and blessings.
5. Do I have to be water baptized? p10 Acts 2:38 it's important to the believer and an outward demonstration of salvation and new life in Christ.
6. What is this word Righteousness? p 13 Romans 5:17 simply defined is right standing with God. You receive righteousness by faith at salvation time. Romans 10:10
8. How effective are our prayers? p 15 James 5: 16 "the effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much".
9. What is faith? p 16 Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen". Blindfold a student.
10. How do we get faith? Romans 10:17 "So then faith comes by hearing , and hearing by the word of God".
Watch video on
Book Credit: This New Life by Billy Joe Daugherty ISBN1-56267-231-2