This New Life Lesson 2
11. Who can have Faith? Romans 12:3 "God had dealt to each one a measure of faith"
12. Is Faith a feeling? p 24 No. Faith is knowing. Your faith must be controlled by God's Word, not by what you feel, not by what circumstances look like, and not by what others tell you. II Corinthians 5:7 "For we walk by faith, and not by sight"
13. Is healing a benefit of salvation? p 26 Yes. Psalm 103:2-3 "who forgives all our sins and heals all our diseases".
14. Where does the Old Testament cite Jesus as our healer? p 27 Isaiah 53:4-6 "He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities,... and by His stripes we are healed" Watch Passion Beginning video
15. Where does the New Testament talk of the stripes of Jesus? p 28-29 Matthew 8:16-17 and I Peter 2:24 "by whose stripes you were healed". Notice the tense. Read bottom of p 29.
16. Where does sickness come from? p 30 After Adam's disobedience, sin and death with all of their evil companions (hatred, bitterness, jealousy, sickness, disease, torment) entered into the world ( Romans 5:12) Natural sickness because of the curse on the earth, and the devil oppresses people with sickness.
17. Where does it say that God wants us healthy? p 31 3 John 2 "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers" God cares about you spiritually and physically.
18. Can I do with my body what I want? p 31 Not only are you to live a holy and pure life in you body, (meaning abstain from self-sex, and partner-sex) but we can live in health. " For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's" I Cor 6:20 For more scriptures about sex see Proverbs 5: 15-20
19. Is Jesus still the same today? Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever" Read middle section p 32
20. Why do some people anoint with oil when they pray? p 33 James 5:14-15 "Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord".
But there's more to verse 15. "and the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven". When you anoint with oil and pray the prayer of faith it demonstrates to us that God's power can be ministered by believers and thus shows that healing did not end when Christ died or when the apostles died. Healing is still provided for you today.
Ask for testimonies about faith and healing.
This New Life by Billy Joe Daugherty ISBN1-56267-231-2
Measure : http://www.clarion-call.org/yeshua/measure/meastape.gif
Jesus the Healer: http://christcenter.tsmj.org/images/jesus_healer.jpg