This New Life Lesson 5
Victorious Abundant Life
1. Who is he who overcomes the world? p 45
I John 5:4-5 "but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God"
God gives overcoming victory to every person who is born again, it's a gift of God at salvation.
Look at I John 5:4 "For what ever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith." This verse says the victory is in our faith - our believing, receiving, confessing, and doing the Word of victory in Christ.
2. Where does it say we've been made more than conquerors? p 47
Romans 8:37 "Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us." That means more than a conqueror over every obstacle, every mountain, and every adversity the enemy would try and bring against you.
Notice above that it is "through Him" that you are more than a conqueror. Paul did not boast in his own human victories, rather he said "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
3. Are we a conqueror over the devil? p 48 Yes! I John 4:4 " You are of God... , and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world". It's a past tense victory the believer has overcome them!!
4. What do I fight the battles with? p 49 The whole armor of God Ephesians 6:13-18 Watch Whole Armor of God 4 min video
5. What does it mean to be a joint heir with Christ? Romans 8:16-17 "The Spirit tells us we are children of God, if children then heirs -heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ" We can enjoy the blessings of being an heir to the King.
6. How do we prosper in all things? p 52 3 John 2 "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers" Someone read Philippians 4:19 "And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus"
Someone read 2 Corinthians 9:8 "And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, have an abundance for every good work."
Following the sowing and reaping principle, the most important thing to remember in living the abundant life is, BE A GIVER - first to God, then to your fellow man.
7. What is a hero? Glen Beck Hopes and Heroes 9min video
a hero is a champion: someone who fights for a cause
Book Credit: This New Life by Billy Joe Daugherty ISBN1-56267-231-2