This New Life Lesson 6 Confessing God's Word
1. How important are my words? p 55 Matthew 12:34 "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks"
2. What about idle words? p 55 Matthew 12:36 "....But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
Watch Jesus meets the Woman at the Well video
Notice how the woman at the well spoke the truth. Jesus was able to use that truth and bless her with a Word of Knowledge.
Now let's look at Proverbs 18:21 "Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit"
3. How can my words be that important? p 56 Proverbs 6:2 "You are snared by the words of your mouth" Your mouth is a revealer of the beliefs in your heart. If your mouth gets in accord with god's Word, then the blessings of God's Word begin to be tapped. Someone read Proverbs 18:20 "A man's stomach shall be satisfied from the fruit of his mouth; from the produce of his lips he shall be filled."
Watch Modern day woman at the well. video
4. Will confessing God's Word make me prosperous? p 58 God has a plan of success for you as you go about your daily routine. Let's look at Joshua 1:8 "This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you nay observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success"
The Plan for success
1. Keep confessing the Word.
2. Meditate day and night in that Word.
3. Do what the Word says.
Watch Experience video
5. What do I do when I don't feel like speaking positively, rather being critical, negative or idle talk? p 60 Philippians 4:8 "whatsoever things are true, nobel, just, pure, lovely and are of a good report... think on these things"
Everytime you speak, you hear yourself and God hears you. By speaking words of life you can minister to yourself and to God.
Watch Book of Life 2 min video
Or watch Social Injustice 4 video and discuss similar project to substitute for scripture memorization
Book Credit: This New Life by Billy Joe Daugherty ISBN1-56267-231-2
Woman at the Well: http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/7356/.jpg
Girl praying: http://cvaog.com//Little%20girl%20praying.jpg