13 Original Colonies Map Ch 2 Name: _________________________________________
Fill in the Blank Colonial Order:
1. A colony that was governed by a trade company was a _______________________ colony.
2. An indenture was a work _____________________.
3. The belief that outward obedience to the Scripture was unnecessary to show an inner relationship was ________
4. "Precious stink" was a description of America's first cash crop called __________________________
5. "Holy Experiment" refers to the state of __________________________
6. If someone paid for his passage to the New World, the Virginia Company offered him ___________________
7. The man who dreamed of a "wilderness Zion" in Massachusetts was _________________________________
8. The group of settlers who came from Scrooby, England, then moved to Holland, was ____________________
9. This document has been called the first wrien constitution in America. ________________________________
10. The man who discovered a waterway from below Long Island to Albany, New York was _______________
11. Thomas Hooker moved three congregations into the Connecicut River Valley to form what was
collectively called _________________________________
12. The contract of government drawn up by those on the Mayflower was known as the ___________________
13. What is the significance of the Mayflower Compact to the United States government as a whole?
14. What two major groups of Mound Builders lived in North America? ________________________________