#21 Government by Confederation
Watch Another First President 5min video
Articles were weak
Post Revolutionary War United States
Look at the map on page 137
Land Ordinance for the Northwest Territory
1. Provided for the surveying of territory.
2. Once a population gets to 60,000 then area could become a state.
3. Territory must have Religious freedom, and prohibited slavery,
( Daniel Shay)
1. Massachusetts farmers lost their farms (foreclosure) and had to pay high taxes in Massachusetts.
2. Revolt grew to over 2000 before cooler heads prevailed.
3. Put fear in the hearts of Americans everywhere, and told leaders that we need a stronger central government.
Colonial regions fought over self-serving interests
Watch Daniel Shay video (below)
Watch A More Perfect Union 4 min video
Last Update: October 5, 2016
OBJECTIVES: Students will be able to: 1. list 2. explain the difference between 3. describe the 4. chart on a map the 5. define the terms 6. Explain the significance of Knowledge: Recall of data. Comprehension: Understand the meaning, translation, interpolation, and interpretation of instructions and problems. State a problem in one's own words. Application: