US History Hmwk Ch 2
You will use lesson #7 to complete this assignment.
Last Name, First Name
Your email address
1. Go to lesson #7 New England Colonies. Captain John Smith explored the north coast and called the region
2. In lesson #7 mouse over Scrooby, England and read the paragraph about Scrooby, England. Which of the answers below are true about Scrooby?
Choose all that apply.
Scrooby is a small village near Bawtry
Settled by Irish from Dublin
In 2001 it had a population of over one thousand
borders the River Ryton
Part of the Great North Road until 1766
3. What was the last name of the pastor of the Scrooby congregation in England?
4. Go to lesson #7 New England Colonies look at the map of England which of the following is correct?
France is South of England
Wales is west of Ireland
Plymouth and London are on the coast of the English Channel
Leiden is in Holland
English channel is as large as the North Sea
Belgium is located between France and Wales
Leiden, Holland is not a port city
5. Which of these was not a reason the Separatists wanted to leave Holland?
Dutch forced children to work long hours
Concern for the children's spiritual health
Parents were forced to serve in the Belgium army
Their children were starting to speaking Dutch.
6. William Bradford led the Pilgrims to America with two groups on board the
7. Which of these were the names of the place the Pilgrims first landed?
8. Go to lesson #7 New England Colonies look at the pic of the Mayflower Compact, near the bottom, whose name is after the words "have here under subscribed our names"....
9.Which Native American is famous for helping the Pilgrims?
10. Last name of the first governor of Massachusetts
11. Last name of the leader of the Pilgeims military defense force.
12. Which of these were things the Pilgrims/Puritans believed they had, from God?
an "errand in the wilderness"
Tried to establish a "city upon a hill" (example)
Gold and Glory
A vision of Jesus traveling in North America
13. What came to Massachusetts in 1630?
fleet of 3 ships
fleet of 17 ships
14. Which of these was not an Important Puritan political principles?
Government should be limited by the consent of the governed
Citizens should participate in government by choosing their leaders
Government should protect private property
Government should protect fishing rights of citizens.
16. Last name of the founder of Rhode Island in 1636.
15. Last name of the founder of Connecticut in 1635.
17. Spell it correctly... What name was given to Anne Hutchinson's teaching?