1. Go to lesson #4 Into the Wilderness After Columbus, who took the lead in exploration and colonization in the New World?
2. Which of these were not a reason the Spanish noblemen who explored and conquered the New World?
3. Which Spanish explorer searched for the fountain of youth ?
4. Go to lesson #5 What name was given to a great flotilla of ships 130 warships 30,000 men sent by Spain to conquer England ?
5. Spanish Armada was defeated by the "winds and waves of ________" as their ships crashed into the coast of England.
6. Historical Significance of the Spanish Armada is that ever since the defeat of the Spanish Armada in 1588, ___________increased in power and Spain decreased as a world power.
7. Go to lesson #6 Who was the first modern European explorer to set foot on the mainland of North America
8. What name was given to the colony that failed and the remaining settlers went back to England?
9. Name the man who saved colony of Jamestown from starvation.
10. Go to lesson #7 New England Colonies. Captain John Smith explored the north coast and called the region
11. What was the last name of the pastor of the Scrooby congregation in England?
12. Which of these was not a reason the Separatists wanted to leave Holland?
13. Which of these were the names of the place the Pilgrims first landed?
14.Which Native American is famous for helping the Pilgrims?
15. Last name of the first governor of Massachusetts
16. Last name of the leader of the Pilgrims military defense force.
17. What came to Massachusetts in 1630?
18. Last name of the founder of Rhode Island in 1636.
19. Last name of the founder of Connecticut in 1635.
20. Spell it correctly... What name was given to Anne Hutchinson's teaching?