Hmwk Lessons 27-30
US History Hmwk Lessons 27-30
Use lessons # 27-30 to complete your assignment.
Last name, First name
Your email address
This is required
1. Go to lesson # 27. Who was the first President to take the oath of office in the White House?
2. Look at the pic under Marbury v. Madison. Who's duty is it to say what the law is?
None of these
3. In the MuCulloch v. Maryland which state passed a law taxing the Baltimore branch of the national bank?
4. Look at the court case Gibbons v. Ogden court case. Mouse over the word monopoly. Which definition below matches the definition in the "Explore" tab?
a market in which there are many buyers but no seller
a market in which there are no buyers but only one seller
a market in which there are many buyers but only 4 sellers
a market in which there are many buyers but only one seller
5. John Marshall's 34 year legacy broadened the power of national government making it stronger and whose power weaker?
6. Go to lesson # 28. Which French emperor closed the port of New Orleans ?
7. Who did Merriwether Lewis and William Clark spend the winter with in North Dakota?
8. What was the last name of "Mad Anthony" who crushes the Ohio Indians in the Battle of Fallen Timbers?
9. Go to lesson # 29. Mouse over the word impressment and watch the YouTube video called Impressment and the War of 1812. What was the name of the British ship that encountered the USS Chesapeake?
10. What was the name of the new generation of statesmen that called for war?
11. Mouse over the name Captain Oliver Hazard Perry. What state was Perry born in?
12. Who was Francis Scott Key seeking the release of ?
13. Which treaty ended the War of 1812?
Treaty of Washington
Treaty of Ghent
Treaty of Paris
Treaty of London
14. Go to lesson #30. Who did James Monroe win an easy victory over in the election of 1816?
none of these
This is a required question
15. What year was the Adams-Onis Treaty in which Spain cedes Florida to U.S. for 5mil ?
16. What year was the Monroe Doctrine issued?
17. Which of these are part of the Jefferson Legacy?
Jefferson and Madison contributed greatly to the success of the new nation.
American citizens grew confident in their new government.
US lost Florida to Mexico
Doubled the size of the U.S. (Louisiana)
Lost the American Civil War to the North
Won a war against a major world power. (War of 1812)
Created a new spirit of nationalism
Helped Texas establish the Lone Star Republic