US History Hmwk Lessons 43-45
You will use lessons #43, 44, 45 to complete this lesson.
Last name, first name
Your email address.
1. Go to lesson # 43. Which of these was not one of the names given to the Civil War?
Mr. Lincoln's War
Jeff Davis's War
War of Rebellion
War with Britain
War for Southern Independence
War of Northern Aggression
War between the States
War of Secession
2. Which state first seceded from the Union as one of the causes of the Civil War?
3. Look at the map of the "States of the Confederacy". Which of these were border states?
Check all that apply.
4. Look at the Advantages and Disadvantages chart. What percent of the railroad mileage did the north have?
5. In the Civil War advantages, which side had the more talented military leaders?
6. Look at the Advantages and Disadvantages chart. Which region, north or south, had greater cotton production percentage?
7. Look at the Advantages and Disadvantages chart. Which side, north or south, had the greater livestock percentage?
8. Now go to lesson #44. Mouse over the 1861 map. Which of these was not one of the seven days battles in the legend on the bottom left?
Mechanicsville June 26
Gaines's Hill, June 27
Bull Run July 21
Savage's Station June 29
Frayser's Farm June 30
9. Mouse over the "Anaconda Plan". What was the last name of the man that proposed the plan to subdue the seceding states in the American Civil War?
10. Who did Lincoln put in command of the Union Army?
11. Which battle became the bloodiest single day of the Civil War?
Battle of Gaines's Hill
Battle of Antietam Creek
Battle of Chancellorsville
Battle of Bull Run
12. What did Lincoln commemorate in the Gettysburg Address?
One word answer only.
13. Which of the ironclads was from the North?
14. Now go to lesson # 45. What was Ulysses S. Grant's nickname?
"Surrender is not an option"
15. Who was the North's most incompetent General?
16. What term best describes a coordinated efforts in all fronts, Its purpose was to eliminate foodstuffs and supplies vital to the South's military operations, as well as to strike a blow at Southern civilian morale.
17. Under the heading "Other Battles in the West: Which of these was not a Union victory?
Battle of Chattanooga
Battle of Stones River
18. Now go to lesson # 46. What name was given to paper currency with the promise to redeem at a later date?
19. What is the term for the drafting of young men into the army ?
20. What document freed the slaves in rebel-controlled areas and keep Britain from recognizing the South as an independent nation?
New York Draft