US History Hmwk Lessons 48-50
US History Hmwk Lessons 48-50
You will be using lessons # 48, 49, 50 to complete this assignment.
Last name, first name
Your email address
Your class period
1. Go to lesson # 48. Highlight the answer to the question: What was the inscription on the back of a chair? p 330 Which of these is part of the answer?
May God forgive
and bless us all
2. What were the years for the period of reconstruction?
3. Lincoln started the reconstruction, who finished reconstruction ?
4. What were the 3 1/2 mil former slaves called?
One word answer no punctuation.
5. Which of these were part of the struggle between Lincoln and the Radicals over Reconstruction?
Had the southern states actually seceded from the Union?
Civil War is over now let's buy the Louisiana Purchase
Whose jurisdiction was reconstruction?
6. What was the main point of President Lincoln's 10% Plan ?
when 10% beg for forgiveness a new state gov could be set up
when 10% return their stolen weapons a new state gov could be set up
when 10% take the oath a new state gov could be set up
when 10% rebuild their homes a new state gov could be set up
7. Which of these was not part of the Civil War Amendments?
freed the slaves
sold the slaves to northern masters
gave freed slaves civil rights
freedmen the right to vote
8. What happened that caused Andrew Johnson to assume the Presidency?
Lincoln lost the Civil War
Lincoln sold out to the south
9. What name was given to laws passed by southern states to keep freedmen from voting or having civil rights (life, liberty, property) ?
Two word answer
10. Why was reconstruction a miserable failure?
obtained education for all former slaves
in obtaining equality for freedmen
11. Click on the KKK link in lesson #48. Watch the KKK Then and Now video. In what decade did Klan membership go over 4 million?
12. Also from that video.... From 1955-1965 how many terrorists acts and murders did Klansmen carry out?
13. Now go to lesson # 49. What was the name of the law for Congress' plan for reconstruction?
Military Possession of Land Act
Military Southern Banking Act
Military Resurrection Act
Military Reconstruction Act
14. Mouse over the military districts of the south map. Read the headline above the picture. Which group most probably would support the headline and picture?
White Northern abolitionists
White Southern racists
15. What one word term is a belief that a person's race is the primary determinant of their actions?
16. What was the last name of the Former slave who helped blacks better themselves through education, founder of the Tuskeegee Institute?
17. What one word term is used for southerners who helped the carpetbaggers?
18. What one word term is used for northern politicians who went South seeking political office?
19. What one word term is used for Freed blacks who work the former master's land and they got a share of the harvest?
20. What is the term that refers to the southern states voting "solidly Democratic" for 120 years after the Civil War?
21. Now go to lesson # 50. Who became the Republican President after Andrew Johnson?
22. Who was Boss Tweed ?
New York abolitionists who helped government officials.
New York mafia leader who bribed government officials.
New York slave dealer who refused to surrender to government officials.
23. Look at the election of 1876 map. How many total electoral votes were cast?
24. Mouse over Compromise of 1877. Click on Learn more. What was another name for the Compromise of 1877?
none of these
25. Who won the Presidential election of 1876?
Robert E. Lee
Rutherford B. Hayes