US History Hmwk Lessons 51-53
You will be using lessons # 51, 52, 53 to complete this assignment.
Last name, first name
Your email address
1. Go to lesson # 5. What is an economic system in which individuals are free to follow their economic pursuits as they see fit?
2. What is the acronym for the term which means the total output of goods and services within a country?
3. What is th eterm for a person who takes business risks in the hopes of someday making a profit?
4. Look at the picture of the Captains of Industry. Which one below is not a captain of industry?
John D. Rockefeller
5. Last name of the man that created US Steel Company.
6. Last name of the man that developed Standard Oil Co.
7. Which of these were all considered Civil War inventions?
Choose all that apply
8. What name was given to the cheap way to converted iron into steel developed in America by Andrew Carnegie?
9. Which company developed cheap electricity and home appliances?
none of these
10. Last name of the man known as the greatest inventor in history and the "Wizard of Menlo Park" ?
11. Who invented the light bulb?
12. Now go to lesson #52. Under which president did Reconstruction end?
13. Mouse over Lemonade Lucy. Lucy was the First Lady for which president?
14. What name was given to conservatives that opposed Hayes attempt at reconciling with the South?
15. Who assassinated President Garfield?
Chester A. Arthur
none of these
16. What term best describes independent minded Republicans who refused to accept the Republican nominee James G. Blaine?
17. Grover Cleveland was the first President to be married in the White House what is the maiden name of the woman he married?
Last name only.
18. Benjamin Harrison was the grandson of which former president?
Walter Harry Harrison
William Horatio Harrison
William Henry Harrison
none of these
19. What name was given to the farmers movement in the latter part of the 19th century?
Interstate Farmers Act
Sherman Antitrust Farmers Act
Reed's Rules Farmer Movement
The Grange Movement
20. Now go to lesson #53. What was the last name of the man who said the prosperity of the era covered up a great deal of corruption in politics and society?
21. How many immigrants seeking new opportunities came to the US from 1865-1915?
22. Who did many people turn to besides their local churches for support?
23. What name was given to Chinese that came to build the Railroad?
One word answer only no punctuation.
24. Which terms best describes the way that All immigrants would combine to make America in which diverse racial and ethnic cultures would blend to form a new and unified nation?
Statue of Liberty
Origin of Species
25. Last name of the man who wrote the book Origin of Species?