This is required
3. The federal government gave the RR companies land forming a checkerboard pattern how many miles on each side of the track?
4. What name was given to the place in Utah where the two railroad lines met?
5. In the Frontier Justice "get a rope" meant someone was going to hang. Which group meted out swift, just justice?
8. Which of these was not a new state added to the union during the years 1889-90
9. Go to lesson # 55. By 1855 what happened that destroyed the Indian way of life?
10. Where was gold discovered in South Dakota?
11. In the most famous battle of the Sioux War, who foolishly led his army into a trap?
12. What was the name of the "Indian Messiah" / who said that one day the Great Spirit opens up the earth and swallows the whiteman and releases the buffalo?
15. Which of the statements below best describes the "White Man's Burden" ?
16. Mouse over Commodore Matthew Perry. What was Perry's middle name?
22. What became the battle cry of the Spanish American War?
23. Which of these was not a Cause of the Spanish American War?
24. How much die the US pay Spain for the Philippines and Cuba, Puerto Rico, Guam?
25. Mouse over the pic of the Great White Fleet. Mount Rushmore has 4 images of Presidents. Which president is between Jefferson and Lincoln?