Hmwk Lesson 97-100
You will be using lessons # 97 - 100 to complete this assignment.
Last name, first name
Your email address.
Your class period.
1. Go to lesson # 97 "Bush Presidency". Most historians agree that President Bush was successful in standing up to Communism and ....
Two word answer only.
2. Look at the questions for the End of the Cold War, End of the Soviet Union 14min video to answer the next 3 questions. In the late 70s where did the cold war focus its attention?
3. Who did Reagan officials try to support in Nicaragua?
4. In what year did the Soviet Union fall?
5. What 1990's law prohibited job discrimination based upon disabilities and required businesses to have special parking places and wheel chair ramps ?
Americans with Abilities Act
Americans with Dissimilarities Act
Americans with Disabilities Act
Americans with Disbody Act
6. President Bush's image was damaged with breaking his word on raising taxes. What was the famous quote?
"Read my lips, new taxes."
"Read my lips, yes new taxes."
"Read my lips, maybe new taxes."
"Read my lips, no new texas."
"Read my lips, no new taxes."
None of these
7. Where did students in Communist China demonstrated for freedom, Communists sent soldiers to crush the rebellion?
Tiny Tim Square
8. What was South Africa's policy of racial segregation is shunned by the world ?
9. Look at A New World Order 10 min video for the next three questions. What was Bush's reason for going into Kuwait?
10. How many Tutsi were murdered in Rwanda?
11. What did the end of the Cold War really mean?
no clear war
no nuclear war
12. Which amendment to the constitution said Congress cannot increase their pay until after an election? ?
13. Now go to lesson # 98 " Election of 1992". Which of these were part of President Bush's platform during the Election of 1992?
strong military defense
14. Why did President Bush look unbeatable
the glow of the nation
the glow of the yankees
the glow of the Gulf War triumph
15. In the election of 1992 Bill Clinton was the Democratic candidate who was the Independent candidate
Last name only.
16. How did the media get involved in the Election of 1992
led imaginary homeland crisis
led imaginary food crisis
led imaginary water crisis
led imaginary bread crisis
none of these
17. Last name of the man that won the election of 1992.
18 Look at the map of the election of 1992 to answer the next two questions. What % of the popular vote did Ross Perot get?
19. How many electoral votes did Perot win?
20. How did Clinton represent the children of the 1960s?
he had dodged military service
brought guns to school
participated in anti-war demonstrations in Great Britain
21. Go to lesson # 99 " Early Stumbles; Clinton Administration". Most historians agree President Clinton ranked near the top in economic management but last in what?
none of these
22. What was Clinton's policy of permitting open homosexuals to serve in the military?
"don't say don't speak"
"don't bear don't care"
"don't stare don't bare"
"don't ask don't tell"
23. What law required businesses to give employees up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave to care for newborns, or sick family members?
Family and Church Leave Act
Family and Doctor Leave Act
Family and Brady Leave Act
Family and Medical Leave Act
24. Who headed up the promised universal health care, paid for with increased taxes, eventually 1/7 of all businesses would come under government control?
None of these
25. Now go to lesson # 100. Bill Clinton's move to the middle He presented him self as the "New Democrat" Which of these attributes below are part of the "New Democrat"?
tough on crime
ready to reform welfare
Oil rights activists
26. When Communism left the region in 1990 a power struggle ensued that led to civil war. Which of these countries all fought to be the dominant people?
27. The House of Representatives impeached President Clinton which group removes the President from office?
Daughters of the Revolution
The Supreme Court
None of these
28. In the Election of 2000 which state was too close to call?
29. Last name of the man who won the Election of 2000.