Pop Quiz Controversy and Conflict Name: ___________________________
1. Whose proviso suggested that Slavery shall not exist in land
2. Bear Flag Revolt took place in what present day western state?
3. California admitted as a free state would most benefit:
4. New fugitive slave law passed would most benefit: north or south?
5. Which of these is not part of the distinct social classes of the south?
6. Who were the "Fire-Eaters"?
7. Allowing settlers in those states to vote on the slavery question is called:
8. What movement was a nativist American political movement of the 1840s and 1850s? It was empowered by popular fears that the country was being overwhelmed by Irish Catholic immigrants.
9. Who is pictured to the right?
10. The map on the left depicts violence in Kansas as a direct result of what law?
Ex Credit: Define: slovenly, amiable,