1. Who were the first two companies to try making search software?
2. What was the catchy name for Jerry and Dave's Guide to the World Wide Web? Yahoo !
9:12 3. What was it going to take to make money with Yahoo? advertising
4. How do the advertisers on search sites make money? they try to turn search users into a captive audience for the benefit of the advertisers.
15:35 5. Mathematically what does google mean? 10 to the 100th power
17:20 6. How does Google work? a link from page A to page B is a vote from page A for page B, Google accesses the page's importance by the number of votes the page receives.
7. Excite could have bought Google for : 1 million
22:00 8. What does it mean if something is a "mint"? always make you money
9. What happens when Sergi cashes the 100,000? they become partners
28:40 10. How did Google get the idea on how to make money? copied it
11. What is the window to the mind of the user's intent? key words
35:30 12. When did Google go public? 2004
13. What is Google doing today? earth library, maps, spreadsheets, YouTube, google glasses,
14. How does Microsoft counter Google? BING
April 28, 2017