Teacher: Mr. Cap Student Name: _________________________________
Thanksgiving Homework for those who on the Friday before Thanksgiving have 0s in powerschool.
1. What was the name of the bullet made out of lead?_________________Where invented?___________
2. The new bullet has an accuracy range of over __________________ yards.
3. 8:00 By the time of the North's final victory some _______________________ lay dead.
4. August 1862 Gen Robert E. Lee launches an attack against Union forces in ______________________
5. 11:10 The South's prosperity is built around what simple crop? _______________________________
6. Before the Civil War General Robert E. Lee was a veteran of what war? _________________
7. What speeds on its way to the south ready to resuply troops? _________________________
8. 14:00 How many Union soldiers did Gen Lee kill in the Battle of Bull Run? _____________
9. Lincoln struck a deal with the Railroad owners what became a new weapon of war? _________
10. 18:50 For the first time in history _____________________ is put behind the war effort.
11. Like Twitter today, it took seconds to send these messages. _____________________
12. Lincoln put all telegraph operations under whose control? _________________________
13. 25: 10 At the Battle of Antietam in 1862 how many are killed? _____________________________
14. During the Civil War what two items are used as anesthetics? ____________ __________________
15. Large numbers of women sign up as battlefield _________________.
16. 29:10 Clara Barton goes on to found the ______________ __________ _________________
17. Because of the _______________ gory immages of the battlefield can now reach home.
18. 32:30 What was the new technique to preserve a body after it died? ________________________
19. On January 1st 1863 Lincoln issues what? ________________________________________
20. How many blacks enlist after the proclaimation? _________________________________
21. 36:50 What is the single most famous piece of rhetoric in history? _____________________________
22. Who did Lincoln put in charge from Chattanooga to Atlanta? ______________________________
23. Sherman's tactics of _________________ ___________________ won out.
Return this paper to Mr. Cap for credit.