United States History
Your United States history 1st Quarter Exam will cover chapters 1-7 in the textbook and lessons #1-23 in your notes.
There will be 50 questions mostly matching and some multiple choice. You will use your weekly Tuesday quizzes to study for the closed notes exam. I took every other question or sometimes every 3rd or 4th question from the quizzes and put them in mostly matching or some multiple choice format. There's one map to, the Post- French and Indian War map.
All Students will have two short (5-6 sentences) answer questions to complete from the list below. Define each event and include the historical significance to the United States.
1. Spanish Armada Ever since the defeat of the Spanish Armada in 1588, England increased in power and Spain decreased as a world power.
2. French and Indian War France is booted out of the New World, England claims Eastern half of the New World and Canada, Parliament taxes the colonists, w/o representaton, to pay for the war.
3. Great Awakening Spiritual freedom led to political freedom, great unity among believers.
4. No taxation w/o representation, American colonists would not budge on this issue and consequently revolted, successfully, from Britian because of it.
6. Revolutionary War in the South. Eventually won by the Contintental Army, after the Battle of Yorktown it brought an end to the Revolutionary War, Britian agrees to a peace treaty, bringing victory to the colonials