United States History Quiz Lesson 60-63 Name: ________________________________
Lesson # 60 Taft and the Presidency:
1. Roosevelt did not seek election in 1908. He supported ___________________________ for president.
2. Big Bill Taft 6' tall and weighing over 300 lbs. He had a reputation for _____________ and ______________ above reproach.3. Taft continued Roosevelt's policy of " _____________________"
4. Taft's foreign policy centered around "Dollar _____________________________________ "
5. Election of 1912 Progressive Party split from the Republicans and became the ____________ with Roosevelt as their leader.
6. With the Republican Party split, Democratic nominee ________________________________________ became President
7. Taft retired and served as the only man in history to serve first as President and then as ___________ of the Supreme Court.
Lesson # 61 Wilson and "New Freedom":8. President Woodrow Wilson never lost his deep respect for the ________________________ and value of _________________.
9. President Wilson became the first President since John Adams to make a personal appearance before ___________________.
10. Underwood-Simmons Bill one of the most significant __________________________ acts in American history.
11. Income Tax was levied by the 16th Amendment. How does a Graduated income tax work? ________________________
Lesson # 62 Progressive Society:
12. The ___________________________ was the center of life @ the turn of the century. What replaced wood stoves and
kerosene lanterns? ______________________________
14. 3. What are X-rays and inoculations? _________________________________________________________________________
15. Henry Ford started the assembly line and made cars so the average ______________________________ could afford one.
16. What name was given to the most famous automobile ever built. ____
17. How did Henry Ford cut costs?__________________________________
18. What other industries were stimulated?____________________________
19. What did he establish near Detroit, Michigan? _______________________
Wilbur and Orville ____________ made the first successful powered
21. Who set important example for freemen, and discovered over 100 different uses for the peanut and sweet potato? _____________
23. Billy Sunday AKA "_______________ __________________ " got many saved by "hitting the sawdust trail"
24. Guglielmo Marconi devised a _____________ ______________ system in 1896, First commercial_____________station KDKA.
Lesson # 63 Progressivism Evaluated:
Progressivism was a highly influential force in American history. Was it beneficial or harmful to the nation?