United States History Quiz Lesson 67-69 Name: ________________________________
Lesson # 67 Normalcy and Naivete:
1. What was the campaign slogan of Warren Harding?__________________________________________
2. What is isolationism? ____________________________________________________________________
3. Which agreement outlawed war, noble idea, no way to enforce the pact unless you go to war? _______
4. Economic Entrapment WWI debts-reparations problem look at map on page 471, draw the map on the back.
5. World leaders sought peace through disarmament and the Limitation of Arms at _______ _______Conference)
6. Name a treaty that limited the tonnage, arms and standing army a country could have
7. The World Court meets @ ______ _________________ and settled disputes between member nations.
8. In spite of her postwar problems, the nation was bright with hope for the __________________________.
9. Russian Revolution started by Vladimir____________________________ 1917.
10. In 1917 Lenin and his Communist forces took control of Russia and formed the __________ _________ an
11. Fear of a Communist Revolution gripped many Americans AKA _____________ _________________.
12. _________________ _________ Rebellion in Oklahoma where socialist tried to overthrow the government
Lesson # 68 Twenties Politicians:
14. Republicans easily won the White House not only in 1920, but also in ________ and __________
15. Harding became the Republican nominee by promising Americans a return to "________________________".
16. Harding's name was further blackened by a book by ________ ______________and by unfounded rumors
18. How was the Coolidge Inauguration an anomaly? _____________________________________
19. What did Coolidge say about workers striking? ___________________________________________
20. Republican Herbert Hoover wins the Election of 1928 over Democrat ________________________
21. Hoover's Campaign Slogan " a __________________ in every pot, a _________ in every garage."
22. Two key issues in the election of 1928. ______________________________________________________
Lesson # 69 New Ideas:
23. Fascism, Nazism, and Communism are all forms of __________________ or totalitarian dictatorships.
24. What theory states that space, time, and matter are not absolute dimensions but are relative to the location
25. Sigmum Freud: formulated psychoanalysis He said the Sex_____ drive explains a person's actions.