United States History Quiz Lesson # 72-74 Name: ________________________________
Lesson # 72:
1. Americans gave their support to President Hoover in the election of 19_____, when the 19______s were roaring.
2. Some men would leave their family responsibilities and become __________ and live in ______________
3. During the Depression over 13 million workers or _________ % of the nation's workforce was out of work.
4. She was a famous photographer that took depression photos__________________________________
5. What did the Bonus Army want? ______________________________
6. Who did Hoover send to move them out of the city? ______________________________
7. What happened?_______________________________________________________________________
8. Election of 1932 FDRoosevelt won over Hoover, by insisting that it was time for a "____ _____ ".
9. The issue of government ___________________________ programs played a major role in the election.
10. How did the stock market crash cause Bank failures in the United States? ___________________________
Lesson # 73:
11. What is a "lame duck" session? ______________________________________________________
12. Why is a long lame duck period difficult for newly elected officials?____________________________________
13. How did the 20th Amendment help the problem? _________________________________________
14. FDR had the support of Congress the first ___________________________Roosevelt presented Congress with a
15. ___________________________________ was FDR's group of close advisers they advised the
16. Who advocated central planning and massive economic and social intervention on the part of the government.
17. What is "priming the pump"? ____________________________________________________________
18. _______________________________________ (former governor of Louisiana) called for heavy estate taxes that
19. How did FDR reinterpret the Constitution? ___________________________________________________________
20. Who was the first President to be elected to a third and forth term? _______________________________________
21. ________________________________Act established a government fund for unemployment and old- age insurance.
22. Why didn't Congress approve Roosevelt's plan to pack the court? _____________________________________
23. List 3 ways the New Deal was a failure. _____________________________________________________________
24. After Roosevelt's death, Republicans pass the _______________________ Amendment.
25. What did the Amendment limit? ________________________________________________________
26,. Who said " ... the only thing we have to fear is fear itself." ? ________________________________________
Lesson # 74: