United States Hist Quiz Lesson 83-85 Name: ________________________________
Lesson # 83: Eisenhower Years 1953-1961
1. Who won the Presidential Election of 1952? ____________________ VP?__________________
2. Name two isseus in the Election of 1952. _____________________________________________________
3. The whole trend of the __________________ Administration was away from government participation in business.
4. Transportation: the _________________________Highway System was built during Eisenhower's administration.
5. ________ ______________________ Seaway enabled ocean going vessels to visit Great Lakes ports.
6. ____________________________ the world's first nuclear powered merchant vessel.
7. Anti-Communist revolts in East Germany, and ___________________________
8. What was the Suez Canal Crisis? ____________________________________________________________
Lesson # 84 Kennedy Years:
16. Who was the youngest elected president? _______________ Who led nonviolent marches in Washington D. C. and in the South____________________
17. ___________________________ was the first Roman Catholic to be President.
18. Name the movement to give minorities civil rights as defined in the 14th amendment life, liberty and property.____
19. Space Program to put men in space and a man on the moon by the end of the ______________________.
20. ______________________ ______________________________first American's in space.
21. Month, day, and year of Kennedy's Assassination. _____________ Killed by Lee Harvey ________________
22. ____________________________________ was JFK's Attorney General of the US. was assassinated in 1968
23. ___________ _______________ AKA "Kennedy's Corps" were volunteers who helped third world
24. Who was the Communist dictator of Cuba?
25. _______________ ________ built by the Communists to keep East Berliners from escaping to the free world.
Lesson # 85 Life in Post WW II America
26. Who developed a polio vaccine? _____________ a preparation of killed organisms to increase immunity_____
27. How did the U.S. change as the the richest nation in the world? _____________________________________28. How did Science and Technology changed American way of life? ___________________________________
29. List the sport for these sports heroes: Jim Brown, Arnold Palmer, Rocky Marciano, Sugar Ray Robinson, Mickey Mantle, Jackie Robinson
30. What is capital punishment?______________________________ abortion? _____________
31.Which Supreme Court case made abortion legal in the U.S. ?_____________________
32. __________________________ evangelist who conducted crusades.