HS Chapel Sept 26th, 2011
Press Towards The Mark –Prize-High Calling
A. Why have a school theme
1. Focus on central spiritual aspect common to all.
2. To create expectancy
3. To motivate everyone towards a common goal
B. Why have a focus questions?
To challenge students,
1. To live by the Word of God,
2. To be led by the Spirit of God
3. To reach out to others with the Love of God.
C. Last year’s theme Eph. 2:10, “You are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works.” The question asked was, “What are your good works going to be this year?
Good Words are Natural for Christian
This year’s theme: Philippians 3:14, “I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. The question to answer is “What are you pressing towards this year?”
Are you more concerned with Christ in you than what you can gain from life, your friends, possessions, trophies, accomplishments?
D. God’s got a MARK for your life
E. God has a HIGH CALLING Calling means purpose, what do you want to become. What is my purpose – In the future and now?
Beyond this, your high calling is doing the will of God. It is becoming more like Jesus. –
E. Reaching His high call requires 4 things
F. Is pressing toward the mark worth the time and effort?. Prize
2 Timothy 4:7-8 KJV
G. Five words of advice that will help you walk out God’s High calling.
1. Rise above the Storms. Storms keep you
from being all God wants you to be
from having all God wants you to have, and
from doing all God want you to do.
Storms are more than tornados, floods.
2. Resist the devil in all forms.
3. Keep yourself unspotted from the world.
4. Keep yourself spiritually fit vessel for the Master’s use.